Tuesday, April 13, 2010

James and Jessie: Awesome Review! - Sweet Water 420

Today is a first for the blog as both Jess (http://kamikazegourmet.blogspot.com/)and I are doing our first duo review together...As it is her first time to the site, she gets to pick the beer. Today we are reviewing Sweet Water 420 IPA.





This beer has a very clear and crisp amber color, Jess describes as a deep amber (perhaps a nice caramel complextion?) Little to no noticeable head, although a few bubbles are lingering along the top. For the rest of the review, I will simply dictate Jess' thoughts on the beer: "First taste is hoppy and made my tongue tickle...I had it in Atlanta for the first time while attending a museum event. It is a beer that will always remind me of Atlanta, and it makes me nostalgic for those times. My friend Mac brought this for me on a visit to Orlando...to my knowledge you cannot buy this beer anywhere but where it is locally brewed."

James back: This is a very good IPA (I promise some more variety is coming to the review soon!) and has a slight hint of baked flavor, as odd as that sounds. Jess came up with the idea of the beer review as a nice little break from my current P90X diet. I am certainly glad that I decided to give up my carb portion for the day to enjoy this refreshing IPA!


Flavor: Crisp and earthen...slight hoppiness with a nice baked finish
Color: Caramel Amber
Alcohol Content: 5.4% (by volume)
Average Price: $7.99 (6 pack) Only available in the Metro-Atlanta area

And, since I am trying to maintain my diet I think ill include this in all future updates:

Calories: 185
Total Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0g
Carbs: 15g
Protein: 0g


No comments:

Post a Comment