Friday, February 19, 2010

Old Thumper

Yes, I am reviewing a second beer tonight...I decided to do it up right since I had missed a weeks worth of posts, and since I am enjoying the effects of the OBP2.

Next up this evening is Old Thumper...





Old Thumper is brewed by Shipyard Brewery, which I know best for their pumpkin beer, but it seems as if they like to dabble into other ventures. Thumper always reminds me of Bambi's lovable friend from the Disney movie, but this beer is anything but.

This beer has a nice amber color and aroma, but after tasting it, I picked up a strong plastic-like flavor. After giving it a second taste, I would actually change my analysis to a "spicy plastic flavor". When I started this blog, I decided that, no matter how bad a beer was, I was going to finish it...I am tempted to break that vow.

I probably wouldn't recommend this beer to anyone...it feels weird having this be my first negative post, since I wonder if I would have responded as strongly hadn't I enjoyed the much better OBP2 before hand. Alas, I say pass on this one.

Flavor: Frisbee or perhaps tupperware?
Color: Medium golden hue
Alcohol content: 5.9% by volume
Average price: $2.99 (bottle)

3 comments:

  1. James a beer blogg!! Genius! I will be checking it out and keeping them in mind the next time i find myself at 99 bottles or house of beer

    (this is mike by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of Shipyard. I've tried two or three of theirs (including the pumpkin), and was unimpressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, we need to head over to the beer place at Hunter's Creek and get you writing a few blogs!

    ReplyDelete