Thursday, March 11, 2010

Belfast Bay - Lobster Ale

Let me start of this post by saying that there are certain things that should be combined into one thing...





I had the very highest hopes for this beer...and after the first sip, they we're quickly dashed. Let me get into a little about this beer before I give it the final verdict:

Belfast Bay Lobster Ale is a mirco-brewed amber ale made in Portland...after a bit snooping, I discovered that this is a part of the Shipyard brewing family! So, including the Old Thumper, I am now 0-2 with this brewery. The beer has a deep red color and poured with no head whatsoever. The first sip had a strong chemical flavor to it (the closest thing I can compare it to is chlorine). That flavor lingeres on the tongue for longer than I would have expected, given that this beer is very thin. As promised, I intend on finishing this beer, but I will not be pleased. Do not drink this beer (although it might be good for cleaning out your pool/toilet).


Flavor: Minimal maltiness paired delightfully with the toxic chemical chlorine
Color: Deep red...I always that chlorine was colorless?
Alcohol Content: 5% (per volume)
Average Price: $8.99 (again, who knew chlorine was bottled in 6-packs?)


1 comment: