Tuesday, May 11, 2010

All mine comes from growing up on the streets: Sol Cerveza

This post was originally planned for Cinco de Mayo, but it seems that Once de Mayo...From what I hear, this is like the Corona of Canada, so we shall see if Sol Cerveza tastes like maple syrup and ham.





Jess told me that, like Corona, this beer should be served with a lime, but to truly test the flavor of the beer, I decided to do this review with just the beer only. The color is a light golden amber and has little head of which to speak. Sol Cerveza has a very similar aroma to Corona, but a unique sweetness after tasting. In fact, I would say that this beer tastes as if someone mixed Corona with Heineken, which might sound a little strange, but is actually a nice little twist on your traditional Mexican cerveza. I would think that this beer would be inhanced with a fresh lime.

I know that most people like to eat Mexican food when enjoying a Mexican beer, but I really enjoy have a good burger and fries, since typically these beers are lighter in consumption, and thus better suited to consumption while eating food.

A very tasty beer with a nice hint of sweetness...I would definitely recommend picking some up for your next Once de Mayo party!


Flavor: Sweet with a subtle hint of Heinekenish flavor
Color: Light amber
Alcohol Content: 4.1% (by volume)
Average Price: $14.99 (12 pack)

Calories: 143
Total Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0g
Carbs: 11 g
Protein: 1.1 g


No comments:

Post a Comment