Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Immortals... we put their name to the test" - Titan IPA

I really love the fact that Jess knows how much I love IPAs...after checking the fridge, I noticed that I have a few more pale ales to sample over this evening festivities...I will have it noted for the official record that my drinking partner is now asleep on the couch (what a wimp).

In honor of the strength that Emma shows when she jumps heroically onto the couch and thrust herself under her warm blanket, I will be reviewing ALONE (thanks Emma) the Great Divide Brewing Company's Titan IPA.





Titan looks much more like a traditional IPA vs. the Red Seal Ale...nice amber color, strong hoppy aroma. The first taste was very similar to the Red Seal Ale: surprisingly strong. However, unlike the RSA, I was expecting this beer to be a stronger flavor, so having it exceed my expectations would have to rank this beer a bit lower than I would have liked. It is not a bad beer, just perhaps a little more punch than I would have liked between bites of Chicken McNuggets.

I would probably recommend this beer for the sheer fact that I love a nice strong beer, but perhaps heed some caution before facing this Titan; the bigger they are, the stronger they hit...


Flavor: Strong, nearly overpowering, hoppiness...
Color: Medium amber color
Alcohol Content: 7.1% (per volume)
Average Price: $1.83 (bottle)


No comments:

Post a Comment